[blog] WelcomeDecember 12, 2008
This blog was inspired by a GP32X forum user who pointed out the lack of an RSS feed on the official OpenPandora website. It will provide several categories of news, all in one place:
- [official] – Anything which is cold, hard fact from the words of the developers themselves. This includes hardware and software news.
- [rumor] – News/comments from the developers which is not set in stone. For example, a tentative release date which could change at any time. Please take these with a grain of salt.
- [software] – The latest unofficial news on user software – concepts, prototypes, releases, emulators, games – the lot.
- [hardware] – What users have been doing with the Pandora’s hardware – testing, tweaking, benchmarks, etc.
- [blog] – News about the blog itself.
- [misc] – Miscellaneous news which doesn’t fit in any above categories.
This way, you can click on a tag to find out the latest news on that category.
Since I felt bad for taking the openpandora name for the URL of this blog, should the developers wish to take it over and incorporate it into their website, I am happy to hand over power. In addition, it’d be daft to put the task of reporting every small bit of news on one person’s shoulders, so other people in the community can put their names forward if they want to participate. They can then take up the mantle of responsibility for one particular category, like [hardware].
Of course, such people will have to be regular forum users with an understanding of what constitutes news – but I’m sure this isn’t too hard to find.